Kaluchak millitant attack 2002 or massacre was a deadliest terrorist attack on 14-05-2002 near kaluchak, town of jammu ( jammu and kashmir) in the UT of J&K then state of India .
2002 Kaluchak millitant attack was a pre-planned terrorist attack in the state of J&K.
Kaluchak millitant attack 2002
Kaluchak millitant attack 2002 was carried out by three militants. Firstly they attacked a H.P ( Himachal Pardesh Road Transport Corporation ) bus where they killed 07 innocent civilians. After that they rush towards jammu near kaluchak and entered the Army family quarters and fired mercilessly on families of jawans of army and killed 23 persons out of which 10 was children ( age between 04 to 10), 08 women and 05 Army men and approximately 34 people injured.
Kaluchak millitant attack 2002 Overview
|Location||kaluchak , jammu ( Jammu and Kashmir)|
|Aim/ Target||Tourist Bus and Army Camp Weapons used – small arms & knives grenades|
|Millitant Group Involved||LeT ( lashkar-e- Taiba)|
KALUCHAK MILLITANT ATTACK 2002 – TIMELINE
- 05:30 am – 03 millitants wearing army uniform board a jammu- bound HPSRTC (Himachal Pardesh State Road Transport Corporation) bus at vijaypur, 28 km from jammu on Pathankot- jammu highway.
- 06:00 am Millitant stop the bus at Kaluchak, ask passengers to alight. They then open fire, killing seven, including the driver of the bus.
- 06:05 am Millitant run towards the main gate of the 196 Artillery Unit, killing the guard with a grenade and then entering the camp.
- 06:10 am They storm nearby family quarters of JCO’s and jawans, killing 24 army personnel and their family members.
- 09:15 am The terrorist finally cordoned off.
- 10:00 am Army complets retaliatory operation, killing all three terroristson
Death Total – 31 killed ( including 3 Army personnel, 18 Army family members and 10 civilians)
Wounded – 47 ( included 12 Army personnel, 20 Army family members and 15 civilians).
Terrorists – 03 all are pakistani nationals ( named – Abu suhail, murshed and Abu jawed )
India condemns this terrorist attack at international platform and Indian PM ATAL VIHARI VAAJPAYEE condemn this attack a most inhuman and brutal carnage .